Wednesday 20 September 2017

Calling...



I don't know if anything thrills me as much, as when my horse comes (especially cantering) when I call him. It fills me with joy that he would choose to come and spend time with me, that he longs to be by my side. But then there are times when he decides that no, really he would prefer to eat. Those times hurt and disappoint me. Some- times it makes me feel like I am not good enough.

This leads me to wonder how God feels... He often calls me. Sometimes it is just to say look at this, or be careful, and don't drift away from me. And like my horse, sometimes I am delighted and burst out with thanks for God's care. But there are also times where I think I am okay; nothing is the matter. God always persists but when I turn away how can He reach me? Before I know it I've fallen in a hole and am crying God how did you let me get here? And He says, you chose. But if you repent I'll eagerly help you out.

He promises 'For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.' Isaiah 41:13
*****

 I haven't posted for awhile, but I just haven't felt inspired. And I figured I'm better off to be quiet than meaninglessly blab and blah. To be honest this post is a draft resurrected from some time past. And I'm sorry the photos weren't cooperating. So anyway that is just how I've felt. If you have any ideas for me to post about, or you'd like to write a guest post let me know! ;)

10 comments:

  1. Did you take the pictures of your horse if you did you are really good at photography! If you want to you can enter in my photography contest on my blog!!! Well if you want to I mean! :) Here are some ideas for a blog post:
    1:You could do ten thing that make you happy
    2:you could do a thankful Thursday
    3:you could do just random pictures

    (bethinboots.blogpot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, my sister took those photos. I would like to enter one of my photos though. I hope I'm not to late seeing as I only just found a photo.
      Thanks for the post ideas I like them.

      Delete
  2. The many and varied reasons:

    1. You're choosing to keep your posts purposeful (no blab and blah), and that makes me so proud of you, and so keen to see God continue to encourage others through you. I'm pretty sure He speaks through old drafts too. ;)

    2. Your posts are real, and honest, and genuine, and beautiful in their simplicity.

    3. That was a powerful analogy. God is amazing, and that verse is one of my favourites. :) And of course, the photos match perfectly, because that's exactly what was happening in them. (Besides, when is Maverick irrelevant?)

    4. If you want my posting advice: pray and look up. Pray for God to teach you, and then share share what you find - in the Bible, in nature, in life. Let your posts be the overflow.

    5. Ask me later for more reasons, because I've only just started. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks person, your thoughts were very encouraging.

      Delete
  3. This was beautiful and I truly agree with you that we should speak when the Lord has a message for us and you really really get that in your blog...everything here is such a purposeful message that I instantly grasp the point in. You have a beautiful heart for God and it's lovely to see. <3 Thank you so much for what you do Rachel <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and the pictures are lovely! I love how you use the Maverick analogy, it really brings a meaningful perspective that never fails to surprise me...

      Delete
    2. Seriously This encourages me some much and inspires me to push on. Thanks for letting God use you!!! :D

      Delete
  4. Hello Rachel. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your christian faith, through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am blessed to go through your post which is so encouraging. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged,strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I know you are not yet 18 yrs of age but you can share this with other friends of yours who are interested in missions to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written, Rachel! I'm looking forward to reading your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete