Wednesday 1 August 2018

Life-ish Update

Happy August! I didn't appear at all last month so I'm trying to get a good start to this month.
How was your July? Mine was kinda busy and kind of quiet.

I pony-sat this cute little Shetland. Her name is Posy!

I really like this photo! She isn't as tiny as she looks here. 

I didn't do very much with Maverick. Although I did almost smoother him with a tarp. He couldn't have cared less. 

We went on a bit of an impromptu skiing trip with friends. (It is winter in Australia.) It was heaps of fun and brought back a lot of memories for us.

 It was nice and quiet, but there were actually people there. Just not at this time. ;)


On the way home from that we went to this dam wall. It was really pretty. 




*****
I've got some exciting news for you Americans!!! 

Alycia Burton is touring the USA now. Alycia is doing great things with horses and youth. I won't tell you everything about her, just go to https://www.freeridingnz.com/ or her Facebook page. 
I got to go to one of her shows here in Australia and it was hugely inspiring! I recommend you go see her if you can. And tell me how you enjoy it too. 😊

I'll be back soon! 
Rachel 

9 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I love seeing pictures of Maverick! Looks like he did really good with that tarp! I don't think Rosie would be so compliant... And Posy is adorable!

    That's a cool snowman! <-- Get it? Cool! :D What is your favorite thing about winter? I have snow skied three times and its fun! On the smaller slopes...! Now, water skiing is totally different! I can't seem to get the hang of it! Have you ever water skied?

    Hope you have a great August!!!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooklyne,
      I'm glad you enjoy seeing my horse.
      Haha. That's a good pun. My favorite thing about winter is probably fires. Indoor or outdoor. Yeah I don't like steep ski slopes either. No, I haven’t tried water skiing. When did you try it?
      Thanks, you too.
      Love Rachel

      Delete
    2. I tried water skiing at a lake we bring our jet skis too. I seriously got yanked around the lake by my arms just trying to get up! I never did get up...
      So, I guess you could say I'm better at snow skiing! :D

      Delete
  2. I like life-ish updates, and all your photos. :) My July was pretty good, but it would've been better if more of it was with you. :'( I'm so glad you came skiing though! We definitely made some memories there, haha. :) And Posy is cute. Keep on keeping on with Marv - your hard work will pay off. Stay fabulous, my person! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posy's really cute! boy, I sure wish Chorus was that calm around a tarp. believe me, I've tried for hours, and she still won't stand still!

    Hey, here's my email if you want to send me a message and I can show you a picture of the little filly I'm gonna get this fall. she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete