Friday 2 November 2018

Old October - New November

Everyone one is posting about happenings of the last month or the exciting prospects of November. Reading your posts got me really inspired to write one myself. I've found blogging a little hard because I'm not really a passionate writer but I hope to post regularly for a while and then decide whether to keep going or just enjoy others blogs.

In October I
  • went 4x4 driving with my brother
  • randomly went to a tulip garden with Mum
  • got a few more hours of driving
  • went to an outreach focused encouraging weekend with my sister
  • spent time with friends after that
  • went op shopping and 'detouring' in the middle of a big city on the way home
  • worked and enjoyed all the ponies there
  • had a friend and her horse come and visit for a week
  • rode together almost every day and had a blast
  • listened to a lot of country music (which is ok but not very uplifting.)
  • went camping
  • which included more 4x4ing and putting a big hole in the exhaust 
  • watched a lot of adventure DVDs with her and Bro
  • read very little, like I finished off one book (I've read a lot more other months) 
  • finished (like forever :) a few subjects in school

This bit was alright but we came across some rough steep sections. 


Some really nice views though.


All the flowers are planted in patterns or pictures.

I'm not a fan of the city. Look how grey everything is. 
Ticka and Marv

Going for a quick bareback stroll til we decided to saddle up and go somewhere.
Adelle riding Ticka


Adelle riding Maverick
A lovely spot we found out we could have camped after a night of noisy neighbours at another campsite. 
We had such good food...
I'm excited to make plans for November but I'm still thinking about what my goals should be. I'm really excited to be going to Equitana; the biggest horse expo in the southern hemisphere. For me that will include helping my boss out the back, watching amazing people and spending lots of money probably. I'll have to do a post about that. 

So that is a piece of my life. Isn't it great how I spent one on one time with my family without even planning it that way? How have you been? 

9 comments:

  1. Loved this post, Rachel!!! And you should definitely keep blogging! :)
    Sounds like your month was very fun and busy! Love all the pictures! The scenery is so pretty! (And I make designs on with my ketchup too!) The Equitana sounds very familiar to the Equine Affair that we go too... Have fun! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooklyne! I know, I don't really want to stop blogging. But I guess I'd rather blog consistently or not at all. The Equine Affair does looks similar to our Equitana. Have you ever been?

      Delete
  2. I loved this post!
    I also love your horse, I've always wanted one. :)
    Have a good day, God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Yeah, my horse is really sweet. Have you been able to ride horses at friends places or anything? They are lots of fun. Have a good day too, Liberty!

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes! I've ridden quite a few times in my life, but not as often as I would like. xP

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great month! So glad you decided to write a post like this..i enjoyed it <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  4. The trick, I think to writing passionately, is to write about what you are passionate about. Write for yourself. Write as if you were doing those exact things. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this tip! It is very true. You've really encouraged me to say what is in my heart.

      Delete