Monday 26 March 2018

Afternoon Ride

I don't seem to get around to posting much about Maverick. So this afternoon when I rode I took some pictures to share with you! I'm sorry they are only phone quality.

Haltered and brushed. 

Tacked up ready to go. 


We went out into the paddock and trotted around. I have to work on getting him to really trot out. It is only really now that my seat and rising trot are good enough for a decent sized trot. So because for the last while I have only been doing short stints of slow trotting he thinks that is all he has to do. He got some rhythm going today though which was great. 

 I didn't ride for that long because it was pretty windy. But I feel like we made progress, especially because he had a holiday and I've only just been riding him again.
Here is an interesting selfie to leave you with. (And in case you aren't sure, yes I am on the ground.)

8 comments:

  1. Nice horse. [Well, the girl too.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your horse, it has been my dream to get one as long as I can remember! I do go riding a little with a friend but not very often.
    I hope that someday I will get one. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maverick looks so sweet! How tall is he??
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Rachel! Guess what? I just posted a page with pictures of Rosie and our farm animals! Thought you might want to stop by Showers of Blessings to see them:-)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachel! I just wanted to tell you that I'm having a Photography Contest in case you wanted to enter!

    by the way, Maverick is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maverick is gorgeous, and i really understand about the trotting. our old horse was superrr lazy and he hated trotting at all. some horses are weird :P
    just this afternoon, getting my Mom's horse out, made me think of you!! i reallly need to start riding more, it's awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete